Activities within the CIS in Uzbekistan
On November 6-7, 2018 the 42th meeting of the Scientific and Technical Commission for Accreditation (NTKA) and the 9th meeting of the Working Group on the Establishment of the Regional Organization (Association) for Accreditation (WG of the ROA) of the Interstate Council for Standardization, Metrology and Certification of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) took place in Tashkent (the Republic of Uzbekistan).
For reference use: The Interstate Council (www.easc.org.by) was created in accordance with the "Agreement on realization of coherent policy in the field of standardization, metrology and certification of the 13 of March 1992". Cooperation within the Interstate Council is stipulated by the Commonwealth of Independent States Free Trade Area Agreement dated of October 2011. The Interstate Council unites the potentials and resources of national bodies for standardization, metrology, certification and accreditation of CIS member states, as well as implements a unified technical policy in these areas of activity.
About 20 representatives of the national bodies of the CIS member states: the Azerbaijan Republic, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Republic of Tajikistan, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Uzbekistan, as well as representatives of the Republic of Belarus.
During the meetings, the following issues were considered:
- on the participation of the EASC in the implementation of the Action Plan for the delivering of the third stage (2016-2020) of the Economic Development Strategy of the Commonwealth of Independent States;
- on the experience of peer evaluations of the accreditation bodies of the CIS member states by the regional accreditation organizations recognized by ILAC/IAF;
- on consideration of a number of draft documents necessary for the creation of the ROA, such as: “The procedure for the implementation of mutual comparative assessments of accreditation bodies”, “The procedure for selecting assessors involved in mutual comparative assessments”, “The procedure for selecting organizations providing proficiency testing programs. Criteria”,“ Policy on the participation of conformity assessment bodies in proficiency testing programs within the framework of the ROA”, etc.
The following issues were also considered:
- on the implementation of decisions and recommendations adopted at previous meetings of the EASC, NTKA and WG ROA;
- on updating the form “Analytical review on the accreditation systems of the CIS member states”;
- on the consent and timing of mutual comparative assessments;
- on reviewing lists of assessors for creating a register in accordance with the developed document of the RG ROA “Procedure for selecting assessors involved in mutual comparative assessments. Criteria.
Based on the results of consideration and discussion, the agreed recommendations were adopted and the minutes of the 42nd meeting of the NTКA and the 9th meeting of the RG ROA were signed by the participants of the meeting.
The minutes of the meetings are available on the official website of the Interstate Council for Standardization, Metrology and Certification of the Commonwealth of Independent States (www.easc.org.by).