Technical Accreditation Committees (hereinafter – TK) are created by accreditation body
in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Belarus No. 437-Z of October 24, 2016, “On
assessment of conformity to technical requirements and accreditation of conformity assessment
In accordance with the requirements of GOST ISO/IEC 17011-2018 "The accreditation body shall have formal rules for the appointment, terms of reference and operation of committees that are involved in the accreditation process, and shall identify the interested parties participating" (p.5.8).
Technical accreditation committees are constituent party of accreditation and are included
into the National Accreditation System of the Republic of Belarus
Functions, responsibilities, order of formation and operation of the TCs are defined in P SM 5.8.
Technical committees are established with an aim to provide access to technical expertise and to cover all technical fields in which BSCA is active. Technical committees address professional problems in specific activities and are composed of the professionals in specific areas including competent technical assessors and experts in a particular field of activity.
In order to address narrow and specific issues a working group can be created within any Technical Committee.
The main tasks of Technical Committees are:
- addressing technical issues related to the assessment of conformity assessment bodies and preparing proposals for dealing with them;
- harmonizing and developing common approach to accreditation of conformity assessment bodies;
- evaluating assessors’ competence for compliance with requirements DP SM 6-01 to confirm their qualification and to assign technical codes to them;
- advising the Technical Commission on Accreditation on decision-making as requested.
At present there are 7 Technical Committees in the field of accreditation that focus on:
1) testing of food and agricultural products, pharmaceuticals, perfumes, cosmetic products, examination of objects, materials and liquids.
2) testing and measurement of objects of the natural environment; objects of the production environment; ventilation and air conditioning systems; medical examination of objects, materials and liquids. Safety and health protection, ecology, medical laboratories.
3) testing of electrical, electrotechnical and electronic equipment; electrical installations and means of protection; fiber optic transmission lines; vehicles; machines and equipment; pyrotechnic products; explosives and non-destructive testing.
4) testing of construction materials and products, buildings and structures, installations; roads, road structures, road building materials and products; personal protection means, fire safety equipment, metals and alloys.
5) calibration; proficiency testing providers.
6) certification of management systems and forest certification, product certification, certification of persons.
7) Inspection in construction; vehicle inspection; technical diagnostics (technical examination) of technical devices, equipment and vehicles; inspection in the field of transportation of goods, including dangerous.