Technical Commission for Accreditation
The Technical Commission for Accreditation is a permanent collegial body created to review materials on assessing the competence of conformity assessment bodies and make accreditation decisions.
The tasks, functions, composition, rights, responsibilities, as well as the procedure of operation of the Technical Commission for Accreditation are defined in Provision P SM 7.7.
The Technical Commission for Accreditation is formed of heads and specialists (assessors) of the accreditation body included in the Register of persons who have technical competence to make decisions at the meetings of the Technical Commission for Accreditation. Personal composition of each meeting of the Technical Commission for Accreditation is approved by the head of the accreditation body.
If it is necessary to receive recommendations for decisions taken by the accreditation body regarding the accreditation of conformity assessment bodies, as well as on issues related to conformity assessment activities in relation to the materials of conformity assessment bodies being considered, members of technical committees and technical assessors are invited to participate in the meeting. The procedure of operation of the Technical Committees is regulated in P SM 5.8.
All members of the Technical Commission for Accreditation, members of the Technical Accreditation Committees and technical assessors participating in the meeting sign the Declaration on Independence, Impartiality, Competence and Confidentiality.
The main task of the Technical Commission for Accreditation is to make a decision regarding:
- confirmation of competence and issue of the certificate of accreditation (accreditation decision);
- confirmation of competence and issue of the certificate of accreditation within reaccreditation (reaccreditation decision);
- confirmation of competence following the results of periodic assessment of competence;
- amending of the scope of accreditation including extending or reducing scope of accreditation;
- update of the scope of accreditation;
- suspension (renewal) of the accreditation certificate in relation to part or the entire scope of accreditation;
- cancellation of the accreditation certificate in relation to part or the entire scope of accreditation;
- rejection to issue the certificate of accreditation;
- inclusion of accredited CABs to the national part of the Unified Register of Conformity Assessment Bodies of the EAEU or exclusion therefrom;
- introduction of additions and (or) amendments to the certificate of accreditation, issue of a duplicate of the accreditation certificate.
The main functions of the Technical Commission for Accreditation:
- consideration of materials on the assessment of conformity assessment bodies in order to determine their sufficiency for making an accreditation decision;
- consideration of reports on the establishment (confirmation) of violations in the activities of conformity assessment bodies for conformity assessment on the of appeals (complaints) of citizens, individual entrepreneurs and legal entities, as well as information from government bodies and other government organizations;
- consideration of materials on appeals of conformity assessment bodies against decisions of the Technical Commission for Accreditation in cases of confirmation of the validity of the appeal and the need to change the decision;
- consideration of information about changes that may affect the ability of the accredited conformity assessment body to fulfill established accreditation requirements (changes in the location address, commercial, property status, structure of the legal entity, composition and qualifications of personnel, resources and their placement, as well as cases of reorganization, liquidation, bankruptcy);
- consideration of information about non-compliance by accredited conformity assessment bodies with the requirements of documents regulating accreditation activities, confirmation of conformity, and conformity assessment.
Representatives of the conformity assessment body may be present at the meeting of the Technical Commission for Accreditation when considering assessment materials in relation to its activities. To participate in the meeting, a representative of the conformity assessment body sends an application to the State Enterprise BSCA. (Template of application to participate in the Technical Commission for Accreditation).