The Accreditation Council is to safeguard objectivity and impartiality of accreditation activities and BSCA policies. The Council operates pursuant to the international requirements for accreditation, including the requirements of section 4 of STB ISO/IEC 17011.
The Council acts on the basis of the Provisions on Accreditation Council. The Council is a permanent body, the members carry out the work on a voluntary basis. The Council’s decisions are of advisory nature.
The Council includes in equal shares:
- representatives from accredited conformity assessment bodies
- representatives from scientific organizations, Consumer Rights Protection Society, associations of producers and entrepreneurs
- representatives from ministries and departments
- representatives of consumers of conformity assessment services.
The Accreditation Council performs the following functions:
PROVISIONS ON ACCREDITATION COUNCIL
- approving policies and developing recommendations on the development of the National Accreditation System of the Republic of Belarus
- evaluating BSCA’s performance annually
- addressing the issues on the development of legal acts, regulations and other documents in the field of accreditation.